Sunday, November 4, 2012

Take a walk when you hit the wall.


I've been feeling that I've hit a photographic wall.
For the past few weeks, the pictures have been just functional, nothing too inspiring or creative.

So I took a walk home.
Carried my tripod, got my camera ready and my landscape lens (11mm) -and observed as I walk.
How things look different when you walk. You take the time to look, see lines, see people - whilst braving the smog and traffic.

I don't think I'm over that wall, at least I think I got 1 decent (not terrible inspiring) picture out of my walk. Just standing there at that junction, with cyclist, drivers and pedestrian looking at you crazy, seemed strangely liberating. Time seemed to slow, as the cars whizzed by.

Going to try the same walk again, this time with a street lens (35mm), and see what transpires.

So, when you hit a creative wall, go take a walk. May not do much for your photography, but it may give you a different perspective of the city you live in.

Just keep shooting.

No comments:

Post a Comment