Sunday, September 1, 2013

Rookie Mistake! Sigh.


I almost always shoot in Aperture Mode. Sometimes Manual for landscapes.

There was a dance at church earlier that day, and decided that with the low light, I wanted to capture the movement "frozen" - and so switched to Shutter Priority - setting 1/500s, and letting the camera pick ISO and Aperture size.

And of course, I forgot to switch it back (you know where this is heading....).
So when I had a hot date with my wife at night, I had to shoot what I eat (wife groans...) and shot this appetizer (warm brie with grilled vegetables - which was quite nice). I noticed on the screen it looking a little dark, but didn't think too much, shot a few, then ate.

Then when I processed the picture - I noticed that this was shot at aperture f2.8 (which is right); ISO 25,600 (erh....); and shutter speed 1/500s! Doh! Forgot to switch back, forgot to check - rookie mistake!

Oh well, lesson learned. Always double check your settings, before you shoot.
And yes, keep shooting!

No comments:

Post a Comment